SCOOTERS BMW ELECTRIQUES : C EVO - CE 04 - CE 02
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème offert (large sélection de ...
Voir le deal

Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may

+4
rollan
Spader
Alex13
Swissete
8 participants

Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may  Empty Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may

Message par Swissete Mar 05 Avr 2016, 3:41 pm

Hi guys and apologies first for writing in English.

I'm just in the dilemma of choosing whether to buy a second hand CEVO or a new CEVO...what I know is that I will buy one Smile
Main concerns I would have are:
- Battery degradation throughout the years. They are guaranteed for 5 years so nobody has been able to reach that mark but... have you guys seen any degradation yourselves since bought them? If affirmative is it less range? longer charging times?
- Kms in the ODO: what's the maximum kms you have seen in the Odometer of a CEVO? I'm not concerned here with the autonomy but the number of kms it may last during its expected lifespan or for example 7 years. The reason why I say that is because I've seen one I do like with 6500kms already.

Is there anyway to check the health of a battery? If I buy a Demo C-EVO I would like to know if the battery is 100% in shape but without the OBD interface I don't see how.

Many thanks guys in advance!

Swissete

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may  Empty Re: Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may

Message par Alex13 Mar 05 Avr 2016, 4:16 pm

Hi

sorry too for writing in english Smile .
- we don't have enough old users to answer about the degradation but it seems that there s no real big pb about it. Except the update which indicates a wrong kms remaining before u have to charge again. By the way, buy a new one !
- one of our members did 160 kms : world record but not still recognized i think . U may fly between 80kms and 110kms, depending on thne way u ride. Less in Highway , more in town. By the way, buy or find a second hand u can !

We have a member from London, perhaps he could answer better than me !

Alex13

Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may  Empty Re: Before finally buying the C-EVO. Two concerns if I may

Message par Swissete Mar 05 Avr 2016, 4:30 pm

Thanks for your prompt answer!

What would be the highest Odometer count found for a CEVO? I just saw one with 12.000kms which is still not too much.
On your text you are a bit confusing mate... you are both leading me to buy a new one and a second hand!! Very Happy Very Happy

Swissete

Message par Spader Mar 05 Avr 2016, 9:49 pm

As fas as I am concerned, I bought a used C Evo which had 2.200 km at the ODO.
It has now 6.500 km and still happy with it.

Buy a used one with 20% discount seems a good deal for me Wink

No idea about the mileage a C Evo can reach but I am pretty confident with what BMW does in electric mobility

Spader

Message par rollan Mer 06 Avr 2016, 7:26 am

Hi swissete and welcome
If i'm not wrong the batteries of the C-Evo are the same than the ones in the bmw i3. And they are garanted 8 years. My C-Evo has more than 14000 km and I see no difference between today and the Day I baught it.

rollan

Message par fred31 Mer 06 Avr 2016, 2:01 pm

Swissete a écrit:
- Battery degradation throughout the years. They are guaranteed for 5 years so nobody has been able to reach that mark but... have you guys seen any degradation yourselves since bought them? If affirmative is it less range? longer charging times?

BWM guarantee that after 5 years you will have at least 80% of the nominal battery capacity.

But, has mentionned, the BMW i3 has the same kind of battery and has a guarantee of 8 years.

So we can expect to have more than 80% of capacity after 5 years .... but no guaranteed ! :-)

First C-Evo are only 2 years old. So difficult to know/mesure degradation of battery.

A good indcicator is the voltage of the battery charged at 100%. Mine is 148V (my C-Evol has been built in september 2014). Normaly, this maximum voltage will decrease with time. But not easy to give a formula between maximum voltage and capacity.

For information : zeromotorcycle (http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/fr/warranty) give also a 5 years guarantee on the battery with the same conditions (< to 80% of nominal capacity), but also 160 000 km guarantee ! (if less than 5 years)

Fred

fred31

Message par Alex13 Mer 06 Avr 2016, 2:42 pm

The real pb for u in fact will be to drive on the right side of the road with ! Smile

Alex13

Message par bertrandf Mer 06 Avr 2016, 6:25 pm

rollan a écrit:Hi swissete and welcome
If i'm not wrong the batteries of the C-Evo are the same than the ones in the bmw i3. And they are garanted 8 years. My C-Evo has more than 14000 km and I see no difference between today and the Day I baught it.

15.000km for me and no difference with day 1 also ; looks like new one Very Happy

bertrandf

Message par Swissete Jeu 07 Avr 2016, 4:35 am

Hi again guys and thanks so much for your answers. I was doubting if anyone would answer to an english post Smile. Much appreciated.

Good point on the maximum voltage reached by the battery when fully charged. This is one of the indicators of its health. Checked with the second hand unit I tested and it's still at 148v after 1.8 years and 6500kms. Another good test is how it performs with when reaching around 15% of charge. Degraded batteries tend to suddenly go to zero when too low.

During my test of that unit I run it through the city at around 50kms/h average speed.... it lasted 70kms and I had 51% of battery left. Don't really know if the lower part of the battery drains faster or not but initially that shows around 140kms of range so the battery looks good?

Its price is 10.500€ with the high windshield and heated grips (1,8 years old and 6500kms). They include the change of the rear tyre which is at around half life. It reassures me the comment on having one at around 15.000ks still feeling strong. Looks like a good deal then!

Swissete

Message par Swissete Jeu 07 Avr 2016, 4:42 am

Another question would be about the motor. A brushless motor should normally not wear easily but may fail on its bearings or even melt do you heat Smile. Checked on the BMW parts listing prices and it goes up to 8.000€.... LOL Very Happy

Swissete

Message par plgrange Jeu 07 Avr 2016, 4:07 pm

bfremez a écrit:

15.000km for me and no difference with day 1 also ; looks like new one Very Happy

10500 km for me... no difference either alien

Don't really know if the lower part of the battery drains faster or not but initially that shows around 140kms of range so the battery looks good?

No, the battery drains exactly the same from 100% to 0%... and after ! (about 4/5 km below 0%)

Around 25% left,  you can ride about 25 km/30km... (even more if you drive very slowly et carrefully)
Ps : 140 km of range, it's just a dream if you ride normally... drunken
plgrange
plgrange

http://www.gf-avocats.com/

Message par Swissete Ven 08 Avr 2016, 5:14 pm

plgrange a écrit:
bfremez a écrit:

10500 km for me... no difference either alien

Don't really know if the lower part of the battery drains faster or not but initially that shows around 140kms of range so the battery looks good?

No, the battery drains exactly the same from 100% to 0%... and after ! (about 4/5 km below 0%)

Around 25% left,  you can ride about 25 km/30km... (even more if you drive very slowly et carrefully)
Ps : 140 km of range, it's just a dream if you ride normally... drunken

Yeahh... the 140kms of range was with too optimal conditions being sooooft acceleration and not passing from 50-70kms/h. Boring... Smile

Swissete

Message par Babish Sam 27 Aoû 2016, 2:22 pm

After 2 years and 7000 miles I cannot see any battery degradation as well. I can go around 130km in summer and 95km in winter (but usually I never go below 20% battery level)

Babish

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé